Bring It On...

Above average temperatures, sunny days, and some good soaking rain have seemingly put this spring on the fast track. We shall see if the momentum holds.


Raw, damp days, night frosts, wind, and even wet snow cannnot yet be ruled out.

Still, as I take advantage of the longer daylight hours, I can just squeeze in an evening yard-walk after my long commute home. 


I climb from my truck and walk the yard, assessing the days growth, observing the latest plants to take the plunge and break dormancy.


Exciting splashes of color, Easter eggs against the still mostly brown earth, stealing the show now, but a faded memory by early summer.








                                                                      
First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus -
Crocus.
                   ~ Lilja Rogers

Comments

Popular Posts