A Willingness to Participate

   Somehow, years have gone by since my last blog entry, a fact that my brain is finding hard to process. It isn't because I have dropped off the grid, because I haven't. My garden still grows, and work, in it's various forms, still demands my participation. And all things plant still fill my days with a sense of purpose and wonder, mostly.
   I'm going to blame my out-dated, tired, home computer, for the most part, as the main reason for my lack of fresh material. But that's only an excuse. It's complicated.
   Exposure to horticulture is easier than ever in this age of Instagram and Facebook and the Internet. Images, facts, links, hashtags, you name it, fact finding is done instantly; questions are answered as quickly as the search field is populated with a query. Information bites and the short form are how we get the answers we need, it seems.
   My horticulture library, volumes collected at a rabid pace in my 'green' years in the green industry, sit untouched on the bookshelf. Topics include hydrangeas, ornamental grasses, ferns, organic gardening, soil building, landscape design, shade gardening, native plants, and on and on. Many of the books are worn with use, back before Google and the internet. They were how I found the answers and learned.

Comments

Popular Posts