Hydrangeas ~ Here They Come...

Early on in my evolution as a plant collector, hydrangeas grabbed my attention and greatly helped to shape the yard & property that I call home & garden. For reasons I have yet to understand, certain plant families draw me in, captivate me, and the collecting soon begins. Hydrangeas, perhaps because they are so representative of Long Island's east end, have always appealed to me. Also, when I was just starting out in horticulture as a career, I had the opportunity to work at a wonderful nursery / garden center located on over 20 acres. At the time,a portion of this property was dedicated to growing our own nursery stock,with a very progressive mix featuring ornamental grasses, native plants, perennials, and hydrangeas. I was able to learn about & experience hundreds of new-to-me-then varieties and soon my property had as many of my favorites living here as I could fit & afford. Hydrangeas were top of the list. Following are some from my collection.


As they continue to develop and show off their seasonal color changes I will bring more of my favorites to this page...

Comments

Popular Posts